Pupil Premium is funding schools receive in addition to the school’s budget. Carnforth Community Primary School, along with all other local schools, receive Pupil Premium funding from the Government via Lancashire Local Authority. The amount of this additional funding varies from school to school and is dependent on 3 factors: the number of children in school who are in the care of the local authority; the number who have an entitlement to a free school meal and (this is separate from KS1 children who are all currently entitled to a free school meal); and the number who have a parent(s) in the armed forces.
Schools can decide how best to allocate the funding to effectively support raising the attainment of disadvantaged pupils. Our Pupil Premium funding is spent directly to benefit those children who it supports. This can include:
- Providing small group work with a teaching assistant to overcome gaps in learning and to support children’s social and emotional needs.
- Providing 1:1 support in class.
- Acquiring effective resources, aimed at raising standards in reading, writing and maths.
- Ensuring that pupils who receive the Pupil Premium funding are able to access the full range of extra-curricular opportunities available in school in order to support their self- esteem and learning opportunities.
- Additional teaching and learning opportunities outside the classroom such as funding for school trips and residential visits.
The impact of Pupil Premium funding is reviewed at the end of each academic year.
Please see our attached Pupil Premium statement for 2020-2021.